Seller: Arron Westlake
Tel/Txt: 07944670476 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Finedon, Northhamptonshire, U.K.
Asking Price: £17,000 – offers accepted
This is a 1974 Volkswagen T2 Baywindow, lovingly named “Jasper”. Jasper, despite appearances, is a late bay that’s had its front indicators lowered to match those of an early/crossover bay.
A lot of the work done to Jasper (the low indicators, the paintwork, and new engine) was completed by the previous owner, and most of it was done himself. As a result, there isn’t a wealth of receipts and history for the work completed. However, there is a comprehensive list of work completed by the current owner below.
The bus is currently kitted out as a day bus, meaning there is no rock and roll bed. The fridge is still in position and connected, and I still have the sink/hob unit which will be included in the sale.
Also not shown in photos, is a set of custom made drawers for above the engine bay, and a body-board table which will be included too.
The engine has been replaced with a reconditioned aircooled 1600cc which has covered roughly 4500 miles. It does require a new carb as the choke is worn. If a full price offer is made this will be fixed as part of the deal.
Jasper always gets a lot of attention wherever out and about. The current owner has his eyes on his dream bay window, so it is time to
Please feel free to get in touch for any further pictures/information, and please see below for a list of work completed in the last year:
- Replaced wheel lug nuts
- Replaced/repainted damaged steel wheel
- August service – oil change, front beam greased, new fuel filter fitted (and relocated behind firewall)
- Empi shifter fitted
- Push-button start & relay fitted (faulty ignition barrel)
- Window winder replaced & fitted
- Gearshift coupling replaced
- Clean up & under-seal some areas of concern at the front end
- New nearside tie-rod
- Idle arm new rubber boot & belly pan repaired
- Rear silencer bracket fitted to hold into place
- Ignition timing & carb set
- Rocker cover gaskets replaced
- Nearside inner CV resealed to resolve a leak