Seller: UK Sports Cars
Tel: 01227 728 190
Location: Canterbury, Kent, U.K.
Asking Price: POA
This 1966 VW Campmobile has been fully restored and built to the highest specification by UK Sports Cars.
This is a genuine factory German-built bus that was supplied new to the UK. Take note of this camper van being a right-hand drive. This format is, of course, the most sought-after for classic VW Campers in the UK which is why we concentrate mainly on sourcing the best RHD shells to restore and sell. This is becoming increasingly more difficult as only around 10% of all Split Screens were supplied in RHD from factory and many haven’t made it through six decades.
The Ultimate Mechanical Specification
This bus has had an enormous amount of time and money spent on it to bring the mechanical specification to what is considered to be the ‘ultimate spec’ for a split-screen bus, enhancing all areas to allow for the optimum driving experience.
- Reconditioned 1641cc engine. ICT Twin Carburettors, bell crank accelerator linkage, alternator, and full-flow oil system with external oil filler. Absolutely superb engine ideal for modern traffic!
- IRS (Independent Rear Suspension) setup and gearbox at the rear. Uprated gearbox to allow for higher top-end speed and quick shift Scat linkage for easier selection of gears.
- 5X112 Hubs at the front with Disc Brake Conversion for enhanced braking performance. Later rear hubs and brakes to add even further to performance.
- Adjustable front beam with ball joints for improved performance and stance
The interior on this bus is brand new and completely unused. We have built and installed this interior to the highest specification. Please note we are happy to make any changes to suit your preference. Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions.
- Full Headliner custom made in factory style perforated off white vinyl trimmed neatly to the waistline where door cards meet. Includes rear corner cards trimmed to match.
- Fresh upholstery throughout in Mystic Grey / Vanilla Cream vinyl with fluted inserts and piping. This includes front seats, 3 piece bed cushion set, rear-facing cushions, and a 12 piece door card set.
- Best quality sound deadening used throughout.
- Grey High Gloss Laminate flooring finished with aluminum edging trim.
- A bespoke table in high gloss laminate with period style Devon edging trim and cream insert to give a retro / original feel complimenting the new interior well. Chrome pedestal base and a leg for easy removal of the table when not in use.
- Full-width Rusty Lee Rock n’ Roll Bed. Custom welded to allow the table to sit neatly behind the frame when not in use and custom powder coated in cream resplendent with upholstery. These are the best beds ever!
- Original style 3 Point Front Seat belts in grey with chrome buckle & Wolfsburg Crest logo.
- Bespoke curved bed skirting board built to sit flush with bed frame complete with recess for table leg to sit in when not in use.
- Main bespoke cabinet built using lightweight materials as not to compromise vehicle performance. High quality finishes in oak veneer. Worktop in high gloss laminate with Devon edging trim and cream insert. Cabinet features 2/3 rear-facing seats to allow four people to sit snugly around the table and 1/3 high top on far end to house appliances.
- Smev double gas burner unit.
- Waeco CRX50 Fridge Unit. MPS35 Adapter allows for the fridge to operate on 12v or 240v operation with automatic switch over so you don’t even have to flick a switch! The absolute best camper van fridge available without any doubt.
- 240V Mains Hook-up. Polished chrome 13A socket in bed skirting board so you can power virtually any appliance when hooked up to mains.
- 12V Leisure Battery System. Highest quality made to order split charge relay kit allowing both batteries to be charged as the vehicle is running.
- 12V Twin USB socket in bed skirting board.
- Curtains purposely left unfinished to allow the new owner to decide based on their personal preference.